Airlocks open at noon. Get yourself a sturdy ship for the long haul. There will be g-wells, but nothing you can't handle. As always, BE PREPARED.
WARNING EARLY LAUNCH 1300
- Take as much wormhole as we can of the twenty-light year hop to the Salem System.
- Visit the Peabody Essex Museum (our gracious host a while back) before they close at 1700. I may have some free tickets for anyone who wants in.
- Sample the local cuisine: order takeout and eat in the Salem Common.
- Meet up with the local rogue chopper pilots.
- Distribute Mucho Schwag and scatter many barnacles.
- Cruise Willow Park in uber-smooth mode.
- Get as close as we can to the Friendship of Salem, and get a photo!
- Quick refueling stop on the way back to base.
- Our flagship Cloudbuster's severe damage has been repaired and ready for the long haul and bak
-12 pilots set off at 1300 for Salem
-baby maggot Raine chose medium range as his first mission
-it was so hot when started out (91 F) that chewing gum on the pavement liquified and stuck to thrusters spraying off like silly string, and the space weevil was all pre-cooked.
-for many, the first ten light years were the hardest because of the intense heat.
-first stop at Luna Subway and Luna Banana Splits in Saugus.
-pilots consumed delicious ice cream and sub molecules.
-Raine true to his name spotted simulated radiation fields across the road and Excess, Raine, and Everest all enjoyed the sacred radiation of life from the religious Space station
-ice was bought and distributed to keep pilots cool.
-everyone was thankful for Skunk, Snow and Red Squirrels misters.
-a very kindly aged CBU approached the group about having an excellent sonic disrupt or array of his very own for his assistive scooter. He followed us a little ways.
- mechanical about 15 lys in. Chutes and Ladders had a flat. We hung out illegally in someone's yard.
-entered Salem in grand style down a cobblestone pedestrian street with much fanfare, mucho swag and dozens of intreguide, puzzled, and delighted civilians of all ages.
- at the PEM, surprise visit from Civitron, Mad Owl, and Humon Jen.
-some pilots hung outside and fraternize do eith civilians. Others went into the museum
-disgruntled guard asked Fuzz to take off his helmet.
-we went in for ten minutes to see Rodin and the Thinker.
-went over to the Commons. They were having a Culture fest.
-meet up with Robert Smith (Smitty) and his gang Tim, Miranda, and Sam.
-chatting, showing off and trying Robs bikes including very tricky swingbike
-dogfight derby on basketball court. Winners: Skunk, Skunk, and Snow
-headed over to Robs Fort- The Bike Church.
-played with all his amazing ships.
-ordered food and then headed to the beach a block away for swimming and dinner brought by the food brigade-Bane, Dr claw, Snow and Red Squirrel
-Everest brought a crab for dinner but no one wanted it.
-Johnny 5 gave out bubbles and everyone loved them
-headed over to the pier. Many civilians with the Go Poke the Man illness with droids. Medals of valor to all who made it over the whole gravel without space walking.
-flew around the downtown a bit.
-we had no idea the whole way to Salem was negi g and so the whole way back was posi g
- baby Klingons in Malden with excellent trick BMX ships.
Home bright and early